In this episode we’re talking about drugs. Not the recreational ones but the basic medication that most diabetics are given when you’re newly diagnosed. Metformin is very common amongst pre-diabetics and those diagnosed with type 2. But what is it exactly? How does it make you feel? Side effects?
We’ll talk through all of this and what my personal experience with it has been. Remember, I’m not a doctor so be sure to talk with your physician if you have any questions specific to what it means for you. My experience may not be the same as you. Just in case maybe don’t eat while you’re listening to this one..
What is Metformin? Literally
- What it does
- How it can potentially affect you
- How it affected me
My past and current medication regime
- Original prescription that I received
- How it worked for me…or didn’t
- My current prescription and how it’s working for me
No more meds please
- Reflection on the vicious cycle of being medicated
- Family story time anyone?
- My perspective on the medical industry and the documentary that inspired this thought
Find more at www.healinginhindsight.com
What the Health: The What the Health website has a fact page that lists a lot of information about diabetes. I have not personally checked into this myself so please be sure to do your own research. I am not vegan nor can I confirm that what’s mentioned in the film is accurate for me. At the end of the day, everyone’s body is different and it’s up to you to learn and understand what works for you. If that’s being plant based or not, make that decision for yourself.
- Instagram @healinginhindsight
- Let’s chat! email@example.com
Healing in Hindsight is edited and managed by host Taylor Daniele™